Ok…so this is not a recipe for the cupcakes themselves. 🙂 Mostly just for the truffles and you can decorate your favorite cupcakes with them or just put them in a bowl and enjoy!
You will Need:
* 3 ounces white candy coating, coarsely chopped, divided
* 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
* 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
* 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2/3 cup crushed granola cereal with oats and honey
* 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
* 2 tablespoons shortening
* 2 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting, divided
* Green paste food coloring
* 36 cupcakes of your choice
* In a microwave, melt white candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and cereal. Chill for 2-3 hours or until easy to handle.
* Shape into 1-in. balls; form each ball into football shape and set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip footballs in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on a wire rack over waxed paper; let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
* Pipe frosting laces onto footballs. Tint remaining frosting green, using a 233 or 234 tip, pipe grass over cupcakes. Just before serving, insert a toothpick into each football. Insert toothpick into cupcake to position football. Yield: 3 dozen.
Done!!! Thanks go out to my favorite recipe collectors of all time. I have received several books published by them..Taste of Home! You can check out many of their great recipes online at http://www.tasteofhome.com.
(I have not been compensated by Taste of Home..just love their books!